What is PRP treatment?
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is obtained from the patient’s own blood and consists mainly of platelets and other blood components such as plasma, vitamins and minerals.
- Platelets are responsible for healing and contain active molecules, called growth factors, that allow the natural healing of damaged tissues.
- PRP involves concentrating the platelets found in the blood sample.
- A normal concentration of platelets circulating in your blood is 200,000 per microliter, the number of platelets in PRP can be more than 1 million platelets per microliter.
- PRP is the only product available that contains elevated levels of naturally occurring growth factors that stimulate hair follicles, making it extremely useful for men’s and women’s hair transplant programs.
- The primary purpose of using PRP in hair transplantation is to stimulate inactive or newly implanted hair follicles in an active growth phase.
PRP hair treatment in lahore preliminary studies indicate that patients respond well to PRP therapy. Larger clinical trials are pending, but current medical literature contains numerous optimistic results. PRP as a non-surgical option provides patients with miniaturization and hair-thinning improvement in hair quality and thickness, of course individual results vary with each patient.
Advantages of PRP
- It naturally stimulates hair growth
- Increases hair volume, density and fullness
- Improves the survival and strengthening of existing hair
- Improves hair quality
- Lowers hair loss
- Generally high patient satisfaction
- The only non-surgical and non-pharmaceutical treatment that has proven its effectiveness
- Can be used in combination with other therapies and medicines for hair loss
The Science of PRP
The concentrated platelets found in PRP can theoretically cause the growth of the hair follicles by stimulating the micro environment of the hair follicle. Inside the platelets are many intracellular structures such as glycogen, lysosomes and alpha beads. These granules within the PRP contain clotting and growth factors that are eventually released during the recovery and recovery process.
What does the treatment entail?
The PRP treatment takes approximately 60 minutes and is performed on an outpatient basis.
- A blood sample (8-25 ml) is collected in the same way as a blood test
- Centrifugation and separation of blood components
- Ready-to-use PRP is found in a syringe
- Ready-to-use PRP can now be re-injected into the scalp (1.5 – 2.5 mm subdermal).
- LLL therapy is given
Which type of Alopecia can be treated?
- Androgenic Alopecia: an important form of hair loss, mainly due to hormonal disturbances;
- Diffuse Alopecia: caused by a physiological change such as stress, nutrient deficiencies, etc.;
- Alopecia Areata: autoimmune disease in which the hair of some or all parts of the scalp is lost
How many sessions are needed?
Hair Aspire Clinic has studied current research for optimal treatment regimens for hair transplantation. The results showed that a significant increase in hair growth rate was observed between the 3rd and 6th months. Hair density followed a rising trend with a remarkable peak after 3 months. Patients with II-III grade of alopecia had better results compared to patients with more advanced alopecia
- First PRP on week 0, 3, 6 and 12
- Booster PRP at 6 and 12 months after the start of treatment
- Maintenance treatments every two years (depending on the outcome)
- Low-level laser to be used in conjunction with PRP to improve platelet activation.
The PRP treatment
- First consultation to determine which hair loss should be treated, medical history, photos and instructions and tips for the procedure.
- Day of the procedure –
- The scalp is prepared with an antiseptic solution
- A topical analgesic cream is placed on the area to be treated to numb the scalp
- Blood is collected from the patient and centrifuged in preparation for injection
- Small injections of PRP deliver platelet-derived growth factors into the skin at the level of the weak follicles. Micro-needling is performed.
- A low-grade laser therapy session is performed before the patient leaves the office.
Is there a recovery period or downtime after PRP treatments?
- There is no activity limitation after PRP treatment.
- Patients can normally shower / shampoo / condition their hair just hours after treatment and resume normal daily and athletic activities.
- A few short, mild inflammations, such as redness / pinkness and numbness of the scalp can be present for a few hours.
- Aggressive chemical coloring or perming treatments must not be carried out for at least 72 hours.
- Use of current hair growth methods such as Minoxidil or the like can be resumed the following day.
Are there any factors that prevent someone from qualifying for PRP?
- The vast majority of healthy people can easily undergo PRP treatments.
- Certain conditions such as blood and platelet disorders, chronic liver disease, the presence of an active severe infection, cardiovascular or hemodynamic instability and / or anticoagulation therapy are contraindicated.
- Different parts of the scalp may react differently to PRP depending on the number of weak hair follicles in each zone. In general, with the exception of small round areas of alopecia areata, locations where severe depletion of the follicles has occurred should not be treated.
For more information about the cause of your hair transplant in lahore and the available treatments, contact Hair Aspire for a free advanced hair check.